- Leader in Quality Trophy 2000
- International Master Award of Companies for its High Quality in the Elaboration of its products 2000
- International Award for Prestige and Quality 2003
- Gold Medal for Quality based on opinion polls among consumers 2003
- International Business Award for Product Quality 2004.
- International Master in the category of GOLD for an Artisan Product 2009.
- International Gastronomy Trophy 2010.
- Golden Eagle, international quality trophy Europe 2011.
- Monde Selection Gold Awards in 2017, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023.
- Gold in the SUPERIOR TASTE AWARDS que otorga El International Taste & Quality Institute granted by International Taste & Quality Institute in Brussels (considered the Michelin Guide to Food) in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023.
The name mantecados FELIPE II is not the result of an arbitrary commercial decision. The origin of this unique jewel of Spanish confectionery possibly dates back to the time of the Reconquest, before the discovery of the Americas in 1492.
There are literary references and traditions that very possibly indicate that this mantecado was the succulent delicacy offered on a special occasion by the Count of Benavente to his Lord Don Felipe (Philip) II, “The most famous King of Spain” and his august wife Isabel of Valois (the Great Love of Felipe II).
In his 1944 book “Felipe II en El Escorial” [Philip II in El Escorial], José María Peman, member of the Royal Academy of the Spanish Language, defined this “flagship” of pastries as the “apotheosis of confectionery”.
This distinctive sweet from our Golden Age’s varied confectionery, made from wheat flour, icing sugar, lard, [in Spanish “manteca”], which gives it the name of “mantecado” , and Marcona almond flour, was handmade in small blocks.
Over time, the size of the mantecado was reduced and it was wrapped in tissue paper.
That is how it was presented, already at the dawn of the twentieth century, at the 1903 Madrid International Exhibition It was there that it received the highly prized “Gold Medal” award together with a First-Class Diploma of Honour.
It is the only time that a mantecado from Spain has received such a prestigious award.
Mantecados Felipe II has been the first and oldest mantecado registered® at the Spanish Patent and Trademark office of the Ministry of Industry, Commerce and Tourism.
In recent years, CONFITERÍA BLANCANIEVES TEJEDOR, artisan confectioner and manufacturer of Mantecados FELIPE II, has been awarded Gold Medals, Stars, Trophies, Prizes and Honorary Diplomas.
Their traditional artisanal production, faithfully preserved generation after generation, has earned them the highest honours, making them a privilege and a legend.
“... One ultimate form of the evolution of immortality still remains.
We could call it the apotheosis of confectionery.
Yes:...Mantecados FELIPE II...”
José María Pemán - 1944
Testimonio Blancanieves Tejedor
Even after centuries, Mantecados FELIPE II are still the most renowned and highly desired mantecados of their kind. Their traditional artisanal production, faithfully preserved generation after generation, has earned them the highest honours, making them a privilege and a legend.